Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Will August be YOUR Month for Marketing?

I love August! For the last four years August has been a really important month for my business. It is the month that I carve out time to really hone in on my strategic business planning for the year ahead. I find the summer months provide me with the space to get creative with my business planning. This is in part as I'm usually based out of Muskoka, a copule hours north of Toronto, for the better part of the summer. Being surrounded by tall pines, clear water and the Canadian Shield (huge rock formations) always gives me a new perspective.

August is a great month to also gear up for the fall ahead. What's on your horizon for the fall? What still needs to be put into place for your business? How can you make use of what might be a quieter month (at least the first few weeks) to amp up your business efforts.

This month, I will be highlighting a number of more business type articles for coaches and independent professionals who run their business. Just as important as our skills as coaches are, so are our skills in the area of business. Up until earlier this year I worked as a part time Business Faculty member at a post-secondary institution, and having supported hundreds of business students through the process of laying the foundation for their businesses, I hope that you too will enjoy some of the posts I have this month. I also will be announcing the dates for the next 90 Day Biz Success Program I run for business owners, which will be starting in early September. Keep posted for the announcement!

If you are planning to make August your month of marketing, you may want to check out a great book I picked up last summer. Guerrilla Marketing in 30 Days, is a fantastic resource for business owners who want to commit to marketing for a 30 Day period. With a chapter and suggested exercises dedicated for each day, authors Jay Conrad Levinson and Al Lautenslager, break down marketing into bite-sized, concrte action steps. As they say in their preface, you don't have to do a chapter every day - it could become a roadmap for a 90 Day period or a 30 week period. The ISBN is 1-932531-29-7.

Check it out if you are interested in dedicating August to amping up your marketing efforts.


Speak with you later this week,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC, CHRP
Potentials Realized
Group Coaching Essentials
Email: jennifer{at}potentialsrealized.com
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960

No comments: