Sunday, December 22, 2019

Celebrating 10 years since the release of Effective Group Coaching

Yesterday marked the 10th anniversary since the release of Effective Group Coaching. As we step into the
busy holiday season I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you! Over the last decade, Effective Group Coaching has been embraced by readers from around the world and I continue enjoy getting emails and social posts from coaches who are using that book, or one of my others, to help them create more exceptional conversations.

When I went to write Effective Group Coaching back in 2009 it was already a road-tested set of insights. I had started offering Group Coaching Essentials through my business Potentials Realized in January 2006. The five week virtual learning couse provides coaches a look at the essential best practices for designing, leading and marketing group coaching conversations with groups in the corporate realm, via their own programs, face-to-face, and virtually.

 As we also approach that milestone of stepping into 15 years of offering the Group Coaching Essentials program (it still runs eight to ten times a year for the public and I deliver it to internal groups of coaches as well), I also want to say a big thanks to the alumni who have joined me along the way. I've had participating coaches from every continent (except for Antartica) join me over the years, who are now incorporating the expanded coaching conversation in many different ways in their business.

While the context in which we coach has changed, the principles and skills remain the same.

Where have  your conversations taken you in the last decade? What are you noticing about the shifts and changes?

For more on some of the trends around coaching many, I'd invite you to check out the 16th annual year-end group and team programs call I hosted a few weeks ago. This year's call was 20 minutes in length, reflecting how much crisper, and shorter, our conversations may be. If you haven't taken a look at it, please check it out here.

Enjoy your conversations and wishing you a fantastic week! I'll be back later this week with some special year end goodies. Stay tuned and enjoy your holiday.

Jennifer

Jennifer Britton - GroupCoachingEssentials | Potentials Realized
Instagram @CoachingBizBuilder
Author of Effective Group Coaching (2010), Coaching Business Builder (2018), Effective Virtual Conversations (2017) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013). Check out my author page on Amazon for all publications.
Email: info@potentialsrealized.com

If you are looking for  coaching skills development through CCE approved programs - I’ll be kicking off the first Group CoachingEssentials CCE approved program on Friday January 10th at 1015 am ET. This 8.75 CCE program also includes weekly 1-1 time with me (15 min each week). Is 2020 your year to get your groups going or expand the number of groups you are doing? Whether you are new to group coaching or stepping into your next year, there’s always something to learn – I hope you’ll join us. Reserve your spot here.
Also starting in January are two groups of the Virtual Facilitation Essentials - a Friday group and a Monday group. If you want to see many of these tools in practice, and get experience in using them. Consider joining us for this virtual train-the-trainer.
Join me January 1st for those wanting to focus on growing their coaching business. Reserve your spot for the 60Day Accelerator where you will be focusing on taking daily steps and consistent action around your coaching business. This program is based on my 2018 work, Coaching Business Builder.

No comments: