Monday, November 26, 2012

4 of my favorite group program resources this year

As we move towards the end of the year I am in the process of starting to take stock of different engagements I ran this year and what I want to carry forward into work with clients. I've shared a number of these throughout this year with other coaches during the Group Coaching Essentials and Advanced Group Coaching Practicum. I wanted to share four of these with you today. Consider how you might be able to incorporate these into your next group coaching program, retreat, teleclass or webinar:

1. Post It Notes - recently on my Facebook page, I outlined 5 ways to bring in post it notes (also seen here). Post-its continue to be an essential tool for engagement, addressing different learning needs, and just mixing it up in my group programs. Think about how you may use it for check ins, evaluation, brainstorming, identifying the coaching focus etc.
2. Visual Explorer  - Over the years I have written a lot about Visual Explorer which is produced by the Center for Creative Leadership. I've continued to use it regularly this year in team and group coaching processes, retreats, and also in phone and web based programs.
3. JICT Cards - These were first introduced to me by Dr. Jean Davidson at my Summer Group Coaching Intensive in Muskoka and I fell in love with them right away. Smaller than the Visual Explorer main deck which I use, the JICT cards were created by four coaches. Great photos, portable, and with a coaching process behind it, you can check out the JICT cards at CoachingToys.com. Also a terrific site for coaches to check out for many more tools.
4. Working with Strengths and Styles - Exploring strengths and styles continued to be a foundational piece of my work with teams and groups this year. Wherever possible we built on what the organization already was doing, and I found myself also bringing in the PSI (Personal Styles Inventory), StrengthsFinder, DiSC, and also VIAStrengths.

What were some of your favorite tools and resources you incorporated into your group programs this year?

Have a great week,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
Author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010)
Join me for the last Group Coaching Essentials teleclass of 2012 starting this Thursday Nov 29th at 9 am Eastern. We'll be meeting on Tues/Thurs 9-10:15 am ET on November 29, December 4, 6, 13 and 18 (6.75 CCEs). Hope you can make it. More info and registration here
2013 BizSuccess Virtual Retreat starts this Friday at 1 pm ET and will also be held on Monday December 17th. Looking to carve out some time to focus on your business? Hope that you will join me. More info here.
Phone: (416)996-TEAM (8326)



1 comment:

sigsoog said...

Corporate Team Coaching is a great manner to encourage your staff to work along effectively, and if done properly it can dramatically increase productivity. By teaching your team how to figure along effectively they'll get additional done with less effort, that can increase your bottom line.

Corporate Team Coaching