Evaluation plays a key role in any group coaching context. How are you incorporating feedback and more structured evaluations into your programs?
Feedback is important for:
1. Taking a pulse of the group each and every session
2. Making changes as you progress through each session
3. Making changes for new programs
4. Testimonials at the end of a program are an important marketing tool
5. Feedback at the end of the program can point to benefits clients receive from participation, what they really enjoy, quality of materials/coaching/ assignments etc.
Resources you may want to explore related to the topic of evaluation are:
Donald Kirkpatrick's 4 Levels of Evaluation (the seminal work in the realm of evaluation and training and development)
Jack Phillips numerous writings on the topic of ROI (Return on Investment)
Anderson and Anderson's Coaching that Counts
Many of these books are listed as some of my favorites on my Amazon storefront.
What other resources would you recommend for coaches to refer to as it relates to evaluation? As always, please feel free to comment below.
You may also be interested in checking out Chapter 10 of my book, Effective Group Coaching, which goes into greater depth about evaluation for coaches for their group coaching programs.
Have a great start to your week,
Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
Group Coaching Essentials
One month to go! Join me in Huntsville, Ontario for the 2 day Group Coaching Intensive (July 14-15, 2011). Special pricing for ICF-GTA members and alumni of the Group Coaching Essentials program.