Thursday, March 03, 2011

Coaching Business Builder: Blogging Tips for Coaches

If you are a coach building your business, one of the core marketing strategies you may wish to consider is adding a blog. Blogging can be a wonderful way to connect with readers, and become known and trusted by prospective clients.

I often get asked by coaches, how you do you blog successfully? As a coach who has been a blogger since 2005, I know that blogging has led to important business for me, and has been a factor in allowing people to KNOW, LOVE and TRUST Me.

If you are a coach looking to start your own blog here are 4 core tips I recommend:

1. Be specific - One of the best things I did at the start of my blogging journey was to sit down and make a list of all the potential topics I could blog about. In fact, I spent 15 minutes MindMapping, which became enough potential post ideas to keep me busy for several months.
Think about - What are the topics you want to write about? What are you passionate about? Who are you targeting? What are the things they are concerned about?

2. Build up momentum - In my mind, blogging should be fun. Build up a momentum with your writing. I've found over the years that I've only had time to do 2-3 posts maximum every week or every other week. Notice when your creative energy flows, and for that booster shot of inspiration look back to your initial list, or surf the web.

3 Create a Column - Consider what types of similar themes you can make into a column. A few years ago I had a Teams on Thursday column at my BizToolkit blog. This year I've added the this column - The Coaching Business Builder to the Group Coaching Ins and Outs blog. Columns or theme areas are another way to create momentum for yourself and your readers.

4. Use your blog as a communication and relationship channel - Blogging is a wonderful way to communicate and build relationships with your readers.

5. Offer value - Make sure that you remember that blogging is a communication and relationship building channel. What value add do you want to provide for your readers?

Enjoy these blogging tips and let us know which ones you find most useful by commenting over on our Facebook page.

Warm regards
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
Potentials Realized
Host of the Group Coaching Essentials program (an ICF Accredited CCE program)
Join us for 2 days of in person group coaching training - April 2-3 - Toronto: Group Coaching Intensive (16.25 hours of training)
Email: info{at}potentialsrealized{dot}com
Phone: 416.996.8326

No comments: