Friday, May 07, 2010

What skills do you want to sharpen?

I have been spending a lot of time this spring talking to, and training, coaches and trainers who are engaging in phenomenal group work - whether it is group coaching, training or retreats.

Regardless of how long we have been practicing our craft, it's important for all of us to keep our skills sharp and continue growing in our own development.

Many of you who know me, know that I love conferences. I not only enjoy speaking at them but I do enjoy particpating as well.

In the last six months I've been part of a number of great conferences - CSTD, HRPA (Human Resources Professional Association) and earlier this week I attended the Partners In Prevention Conference, a conference for health and safety personnel in the area. Given that one of the major projects I have been working on in the last year and a half has been in the safety industry with respect to design and delivery of a leadership succession management training program, it was wonderful to meet other professionals in the industry. Completely unrelated to coaching or training, I was struck by the similarity of key messages - the importance of enhancing communication and leadership skills, the importance of professional development, and the need to flourish in an environment of continuous change.

Questions to consider:

As you look towards the last half of this year, what skills do you want to sharpen?
What opportunities for learning and growth will you create for yourself?
If you have been immersed in learning, what steps will you take to action your new insights?

Have a terrific weekend,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
Group Coaching Essentials
Effective Group Coaching Book

1 comment:

Rogers said...

Do U conduct training sessions for developing leadership skills at organizational level?If yes can I get the details about the topics covered?