Saturday, March 29, 2008

Powerful Group Coaching Program Opening Questions: Group Coaching

I'm facilitating the Group Program Virtual Intensive today and am having a lot of fun, as well as getting a lot of work done on my own programs. Right now we are working on an hour of marketing, so I've spent the last little bit updating program details on my site, as well as posting about some of my upcoming programs. I also wanting to share with you a really small product outcome for me today.

I've been thinking quite a bit about QUESTIONS for group coaching LATELY in response to a question from a coach who is new to this work Her question inspired me to come up with a quick list of some powerful program openers which I use.

Here's a really short list:
Starters/Warm up:
1. What’s your hope for today’s session? What’s your fear? What’s your fantasy?
2. What do you want to take away from today’s session?
3. What is your intention for the day/session?
4. What do you want to create?
5. What will you commit to bringing to our group?
6. What role do you want to in the group?
7. What is your unique gift which you bring to the group?
8. On a scale of 0-10 how engaged will be with the process?
9. What risk will you take today?
10. What is one action you can take today to stretch your comfort zone?

Here's your challenge -- create your own list of powerful program openers. Write them down.

I give a similar exercise to coaches that I mentor coach as they are moving through their certification program (CTI) or as they are preparing to for their ICF Credential (ACC or PCC). If you are a new coach, really relaxing in to having a powerful question there on the tip of your tongue might not feel possible for you. One of the things my coach challenged me to do years ago when I first started out was to develop an emergency list of questions I could have on hand in case my mind went blank. This was really the inspriration for this post today.

I came up with so many questions that I will include a few more in later posts. A very comprehensive list will be available in one of my newest products - the Group Program Toolkit which will available in April, for my 4th anniversary (stay tuned for other special birthday announcements).

Have a great week, gotta get cracking on some other actions - only an hour and a half left of the Virtual Intensive and lots of ground for me to still cover!

Jenn
Jennifer Britton, PCC, CHRP, CPT
Potentials Realized

PS - If you missed today's virtual intensive and want a structure, tools and dedicated time to spend on creating your next program, consider joining me on Tuesday April 8 and 15th from 7-10pm (ET)/4-7pm (PT) each evening for the next Group Program Virtual Intensive. More information and registration here.

A few spaces still remain in both Group Coaching Essentials programs starting in a few days:
Wednesday 8-9:15 pm (EST)/5-6:15 pm (PT): April 2, 9, 23 and 3oth plus a 5th call in June
Thursdays 10:30-11:45 am (EST)/7:30-8:45 am (PT): April 3, 10, 24 and May 8 plus a 5th call in June
More information and registration here.

No comments: