Sunday, September 09, 2007

On the road again

What are some of your major business goals this year? One of mine this year was to get back to more in-person corporate work. Many of you may know that I have a 2 year old son and I have been blessed to be able to continue my work while he has been growing mostly by phone. I wouldn't have changed anything. The last few months have seen me get back to one of my other passions - which is travel. For many years as a senior and virtual manager my work involved heavy travel -- by 2004 I'd reached my limit on hotel rooms and flights, but after 3 years off it's great to hit the road again.

I'm writing tonight from the beautiful Western city of Calgary. I'm on the road all week this week doing some corporate work here in Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria. I always find that travel brings a new perspective and when you can travel for work it gives a different view of the cities/countries you work in.

What's your favorite part of travel? Your least favorite part?

I must admit that travelling while running a business really puts your business systems under a microscope - especiallly when you are continuing to serve clients (by phone) and run programs by phone. This week will be a test for me -- the Workshop and Retreat Essentials program is starting on Wednesday evening from 8-9:15pm (EST). I'll be calling in from the road. If you have been sitting on the fence for joining me on this one, I hope that you still will as space still remains. The best way to reach me will be by leaving me a toll free voice message at 1-866-217-1960 or by email at jennifer{at}potentialsrealized.com. I will get back to you before the program starts Wednesday evening. I'll actually be off for the better part of Wednesday, working with my coaching clients by phone.

One system I developed a few years ago was a pretty extensive checklist for preparing for workshops and retreats. In my former life as a manager it was not uncommon to fly to other countries to deliver workshop and retreat programs. And there is no turning back to pick something up at the office when you're in another city or country. I hope to do a blog post on some of my lessons learned and my checklist, so stay tuned.

Hope that you have a great week!

With best wishes,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC, CHRP
Group Coaching Essentials
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960
Email: jennifer{at}potentialsrealized{dot}com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes coaching clients can ask questions faster then we can answer them.Here’s one I had last week – How do I get on a board? What is the best board training? Which board conference should I go to?
Well, I found this website CEO Coaching with 600+ resources for coaches for these types of client questions. There’s also a page with board movies!