For many years I have been talking about the importance of "Knowing your Client" in the Group Coaching Essentials program. Our clients will shape when and how our programs are offered, key themes, how we market the program, and what themes the coaching will explore.
As you consider your future program ideas, I would encourage you to consider these questions around your ideal client:
1. What are there needs?
2. What are the questions/challenges/concerns keeping them up at night?
3. What solutions are they looking for?
- Individual work
- Group work
- Team work
5. Where do they look for information and development?
6. What are there preferences around time, dates, length of commitment?
7. Who are some of the key influencers in the field/industry/geography they are located in?
For those that have a copy of Effective Group Coaching you may wish to refer to, and complete, The Client Profile on pages 99 and 100.These questions can be applied not only to the group coaching context, but will be useful as you think about all your programs and services.
What other questions are important for you to consider when you think about your clients?
Have a great week!
Jennifer Britton, MES, PCC, CPCC
Author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010)
Host of the Group Coaching Essentials program (6.75 CCEs) - groups start May 8 and 23
Early Bird Rate for the July 12 -13 Group Coaching Intensive in Muskoka on until May 15th