1. Consider the tone you want to set
2. Do a walk through (as a group) of some of the highlights of the experience. Have individual group members share their insights.
3. Spend time sharing key goals achieved over the course of the program.
4. Leave time for group members to share:
- What their next step (s) is.
- Who they are going to be accountable to.
- What might get in the way.
- What will support them in achieving success.
For many of my in-person programs, I arrange with the group a time for a group follow up call 2-4 weeks after the end of our process. It's a great chance to keep the momentum going, and also check in around these topics outlined above. I often hear thanks for arranging this as it resurfaces people's commitments and ups the bar on accountability.
What closure activity do you want to bring into your next group work?
Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
Author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010)
Host of the Group Coaching Essentials teleseminar program (6.75 CCEs, Wednesdays 7-8:15 pm ET, and other starts on July 10) and the Mentor Coaching Group
Phone: (416)996-TEAM (8326)