A quick note to invite you to the 9th Annual Year End Group Programs call which will be held this Friday December 14th from 11-11:45 am Eastern/New York/Toronto. You can participate by phone, and this year there will be a screensharing element for those that enjoy the visual channel.
This year's call will focus on group program trends for 2013 as well as a reminder of some core best practices for team and group programs.
There is no cost to participate other than your own long-distance charges.
To join us on Friday at 11, please follow these instructions:
1. Please join my meeting:
2. Join the conference call:
and enter the
Meeting ID: 282-229-972
followed by the # key.
If you are going to be linking in online, you are encouraged to log in a few minutes early to ensure your system can connect.
I look forward to connecting with you later this week! A listing of some of our upcoming year end programs, as well as early 2013 programs can be found below.
Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
I hope that you will join us for an upcoming program. Upcoming Programs include:
The 2013 Business Planning Virtual Retreat - 11-5 pm Eastern: Monday December 17, 2012
Mentor Coaching Group for ACC Renewals, & ACC/PCC Portfolio Routes: Fridays 12 - 1pm Eastern: Jan 11 - April 12, 2013 (7 group calls, 3 hours individual calls) - 3 spots open
Group Coaching Essentials (6.75 CCEs) - Thursdays 1030-11:45 am Eastern: Jan 10-Feb 7, 2013 - 5 spots open
Advanced Group Coaching Practicum (8 CCEs) - Thursdays 9-10:15 am Eastern: Jan 17 - Feb 21, 2013
Monday, December 10, 2012
Monday, December 03, 2012
In today's digital age, many of us get captivated by visuals and images. How are you incorporating visuals into your work? From MindMapping to postcards, from collage to cartoons, here is a quick list of 8 things you might want to consider incorporating into your work:
1. MindMapping - have group members create a MindMap related to the work you are doing. It could capture their learning, capture their vision or design a program.
2. Stock up in some post cards or other photos and bring them into the conversation
3. Create your own treasure trove of stock photos by investing in some at IStockPhoto or other site.
4. Start developing your own cadre of photos. With today's smartphones it has never been easier to develop our own portfolio of neat shots - landscapes, buildings, signs etc.
5. Get visual - bring in an activity like collage with your teams or groups. I often encourage teams to create a "story board" of where they are going. You may also have your group members create a vision board.
6. Pinterest is a great place to have photos come alive. (Get permission before sharing snaps of your own events.). You may also want to have group members make their own boards based on their learning, action and awareness
7. Check out the variety of visual decks which can be used in coaching (or training sessions), as well as retreats at CoachingToys.com.
8. Lead from photo and story rather than text. What photos capture your message?
What other visual supports/resources would you recommend? What do you want to bring into your programs next year?
Have a great week,
Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC
Coaches - Join me for the Year End Business Planning Virtual Retreat on Monday December 17th from 10-4 pm Eastern. Ready to set the foundation for making 2013 a great year?