Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Great Exercises for your Team and Group Work

I'm often getting asked "What are some of your favorite exercises you use when working with teams and groups"? Since I started working with groups back in the late 1980s in outdoor wilderness leadership programs I have amassed bookcases full of ideas and great ones. I always encourage professionals new to this work to spend some time collecting their own and looking for opportunities to undertake their own train the trainer education.

I had to surf the net today (one of the best resources around for collecting great ideas) and stumbled on these sites which I think provide a pretty good introduction to some different exercises:

Huddle's Teamwork - 10 Quick and Easy Team Building Exercises (Communication, Problem Solving)
BusinessBalls.com - some great business games for teams and groups
Group-Games.com - 40 free activities with instructions
and of course one of my favorites - Wilderdom.com

What exercises do you enjoy doing?

Have a great start to the week.

Warm regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton
Author of Effective Group Coaching

No comments: