Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Check Point - Taking Stock as We Get Back to Fall

As we move into the fall of the year in the northern Hemisphere, thoughts shift to "getting back to work". It's often useful to build in some time to pause and take stock as to where you are, what you have at your fingertips, and where you are going. Those of you who have read my book, Effective Group Coaching, or who are subscribers of my newsletter would know that I encourage coaches to take stock at regular points of the year - quarterly or at major transition points.

Here are a few questions borrowed in part from Effective Group Coaching (lots more checkpoints included there!) are:
- I am really pleased that I have accomplished the following this summer/last quarter/since the start of the year
- The major projects I want to complete are....
- The new projects I want to start are....
- The opportunities facing me right now are....
- The challenges facing me right now are....
- I want to keep the following on my radar screen for the remainder of the year
- I want to put more attention on ______ for the next few months
- My next steps are...
- I will be accountable to....

Have a great start to September!

Warm regards,
Jennifer

PS - Some of the programs we have starting this month to keep you on track are:
Group Coaching Essentials - starts September 16th (Thursdays at 10:30 am ET)
90 Day BizSuccess Program for Coaches - Fridays from 11-12 noon ET starting September 10
Mentor Coaching Group for ACC Renewals - Fridays from 2-3 pm ET starting September 10
Advanced Group Coaching - Fridays from 12 - 1:15 pm ET starting September 17th

No comments: