Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Five Questions to Ask If You are Going Virtual with Group Programs


Technology has really changed the way we can deliver group coaching, and other group programs over the last few years. More and more coaches are now delivering programs by phone, skype and web. Over the next couple of months I will be speaking on key tips and ideas for coaches who are looking to take their programs virtual. On october 15th I'll be presenting 5 Keys to Successful Virtual Programs - Teleclasses, Group Coaching and Webinars at the Global Coach Conference. you can be one of 20 coaches to join me for free at the conference from 9-10 am EST that day. Click on over to http://www.globalcoachconference.com/ to reserve your seat with me.

In November I'll be presenting at the Professional Coaches Assocation of Michigan on Tips and Ideas for Phone Based Group Coaching work. You can check out this great fall conference at http://www.pcamconference.com./

So, what if you are thinking about taking an in-person program virtual? What questions should you be asking? Here are five key questions to keep in mind when moving an in person program to a virtual one:

1. What components can stay the same?
2. What modifications will I need to make (timing, pre work, post work, exrcises)?
3. Which exercises can be moved to an assignment that participants can complete between calls?
4. What changes do I need to make to the materials I provide?
5. How long will this program take to run in a virtual setting?

I go into much greater depth about other virtual considerations in the Effective Group Coaching book and would invite you to check out my other posts on the topic here at the blog.

Enjoy!

Warmly
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton
Group Coaching Essentials

No comments: