Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Signature Programs - Questions to narrow your focus

Over the weekend one of my guest articles for the Coaching Tools Company was published. This
month's article was entitled "Create Your Own Signature Program: What, Why and How to Get Started". You can view it here.

It was a really fun article to write as I have been able to support hundreds of coaches in developing their signature programs since 2004  - whether they have been online learning programs, workshops, retreats, or group and team coaching work. In fact, I think I've supported coaches in developing all of the different types of programming  I mentioned - from VIP days to intensives.

In the article I explore some of the questions you want to be asking yourself before you start focusing on a topic, or range of topics. Here are a few questions I share in the article:
  • What are the areas you want to become known for?
  • What's the one area, or niche, you want to take deeper?
  • What are your clients looking for?
  • What are the issues every client or a majority of clients, explores in your conversations?
  • What makes your approach and philosophy unique?
These are all questions that can help support narrowing your focus. The more narrow the focus, the easier it is for someone to say "this program is for me"?

One of the refreshing shifts I am seeing in the space of group programming is a recognition that we will likely have multiple programs running,and being marketed at any one time.

Personally, as a designer, I believe in creating customized solutions for different clients I work with. I have seen in my business that some people are attracted to earning in the deep dive of a virtual VIP Day with me, or a weekend Intensive program, whereas others prefer to connect and learn in bite-sized pieces over a longer span of a weekly virtual program like Group Coaching Essentials.


Since 2014, I've also noticed a large group of professionals who like the flexibility of engaging in on-demand programming, like I offer over at our on-demand portal of the Coaching Design Studio.

Different program options allow for different paces and engagement levels in the learning process, as well as budget.

We still have 8 weeks of 2018 available, just enough time to get some new programs off the ground. What are the signature programs which are waiting to emerge for you?

If you'd like some support, consider joining me for the Learning Lab and Design Studio, a live Friday group which meets the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 845- 930 am ET, or engage me for a five hour package of coaching services, or a half day strategy session. View these options here. You can also book me to work with you virtually for an entire day with one of my VIP Design or Business Development Days.

Let us know using the comments what signature program you are planning to create and/or launch in the next few months!

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton
Potentials Realized | /GroupCoachingEssentials
Email: info@potentialsrealized.com
Phone: 416-996-8326
Group Coaching Essentials - All things group coaching
Effective Virtual Conversations.com - All things virtual
Coaching Business Builder.com- All things business related (for coaches) 

No comments: