Sunday, September 06, 2015
Six Coaching Questions to Strengthen Connection in Groups and Teams
Today's post provides you with six potential coaching questons you may ask groups or teams to help them become more aware of their connections
1. What does each one of us bring that's unique to this team?
2. What strengths do we bring individually? Collectively? Where do they overlap? What gaps exist? (Consider providing the team or group with a strengths based profile as pre-work such as VIA Strengths or StrengthsFinder2.0).
3. What is the common connection that binds each of us together?
4. What is important about our shared values?
5. How do we have each others' backs?
6. What do we each need from each other?
What other questions do you like to ask when helping groups and teams strengthen their connection, whether they are just coming together, or they have been working together for a while?
Jennifer Britton, MES, CPT, PCC
Group Coaching Essentials | Potentials Realized
Author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
Upcoming programs include: Mentor Coaching Group for ACC Renewals and ACC/PCC portfolio (Fridays 9 and 12 noon ET on September 11th), the Advanced Group Coaching Practicum (Fridays 10:15 - 1130 am ET starting September 11 - 10 CCEs) and the Group Coaching Essentials teleseminar startingTuesdays 9:15 - 10:30 am ET September 15 - October 13 (8.75 CCEs)
Contact us by phone: (416)996-8326