Here are several considerations for your planning over the next few weeks:
1. Consider or listen into the focus areas your clients are looking for group coaching support in.
- If they are a business owner, what are the key 3-4 areas they are looking for support in?
- How can these areas become the foundation of a new program areas for you?
- Is this a short term group or long term group?
- How frequently are you meeting?
- When are people able to meet?
- What do they want/expect in terms of contact points with you as coach? With each other?
- Be noticing what your clients are hungry for in terms of support areas.
- Again, consider your client preferences, as well as your own.
- If you need to set up a bridgeline or zoom room, do that now.
- Marketing is often left as the final thing to do and in group programs we need people on the line in order to have a group.
- Grab a calendar and map out your daily actions for the next 30-45 days in these 5-10 strategies. What exactly will you do?
- What are the things you want to communicate? What's included in the program? What benefits are there? What can people expect from your work together?
- Check out past posts here about marketing and promotion
- What support you do need in order to make it happen?
- What program supports are going to make this an exceptional program?
- Who can help you make this a reality?
What other things are going to make this real for you? Grab a pen and paper and make a list right now - scheduling it in.
As we know "What doesn't get scheduled, doesn't get done!" - Peter Drucker.
Have a great start to your week,
Jennifer Britton, MES, CPT, PCCGroup Coaching Essentials | Potentials Realized
Author of Effective Group Coaching (Wiley, 2010) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
➪If you are looking for some support, join me this Thursday, December 1st from 10-2 pm ET for a Virtual Retreat Day focused on Program Development. Over the course of the 4 hours you will move through a series of group calls and individual exercises (offline) to breathe life into your program plans. I'll be available for part of the day as well for "Drop in" 1-1 mentoring as well. You can also join us for a second virtual retreat day on Friday December 9th from 1 - 5 pm ET with a focus on Getting Things Done. Sometimes we need the space and focus to make things happen. Register for one, or the two (and receive access to the recording of a virtual retreat I held a few weeks ago on Business Development - if you opt for the two program option).
Looking for more tips, tools and best practices? The final Group Coaching Essentials teleseminar is starting this week and we'll be meeting in an accelerated fashion with calls on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-4:15 pm Eastern/New York on December 1, 6, 8, 13, 15. This program is approved for 8.75 CCEs with the ICF and covers the best practices of designing, implementing and marketing group coaching (Virtual/in person/corporate and public). 3 spots still open. More info and registration link here.