Friday, May 16, 2014

The Power of a Visual

It is said that the brain can process images in as little as 13 milliseconds. Read about this MIT research here. han words.
continued to see this play out in group and team coaching and development programs. A few months ago I also shared three visual tools I use regularly in my own programs in my January Effective Group Coaching video. You can view the four minute video here.

These three tools are:
Points of You - The Coaching Game - I had the chance to meet the creators behind this wonderful tool last week in Washington and really enjoyed their experiential session using the cards. They also have created terrific processes coaches and faciltiators can use (questions and layouts) which make them a rich resource. I picked up a set of the Punctum cards and have enjoyed exploring them.

Visual Explorer from Creative Leadership - a mainstay of my visual facilitation conversations for more than five years now. I love the range of photos available

The JICT Journey Cards - Smaller and with questions, the JICT cards are another  great resource.


Last week at the ASTD Conference I picked up a great book by Glenn Hughes and Thiagi entitled "Photo Jolts". It includes 51 ways to work with cards/photos (their own deck and others). Brilliant! I have enjoyed taking a look at it and getting "sparked" by some possible uses to use with future groups and teams.

This has become such a large part of my own work that last month I launched the Conversation Sparker Cards(TM). They were a hit at the ASTD session I led and it was wonderful to see how they provoked some new insights and perspectives around issues for participants. You can learn more about the Conversation Sparker Cards(TM) at our newest website. Download a flyer about them here. Enjoy!

What has been your experience in using photos in your work with teams and groups?

Have a great weekend!

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, MES, PCC, CPCC
GroupCoachingEssentials | Potentials Realized
(416)996-8326
Join us for an upcoming program:
Group Coaching Essentials teleseminar starts Wednesday May 28th at 10:15 am ET. Calls on May 28, June 4, 11, 18 and 25 (6.75 CCEs)
Mentor Coaching Group starts Monday May 26th from 10 - 11 am ET. Three month mentor coaching program with 7 hours of group calls, and 3 hours of individual calls. For ACC renewal and ACC/PCC portfolio routes.

No comments: