Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sparkers for Group and Team Activities


Team StoryBoard Activity
Are you on the lookout for some cool things to do with your groups and groups? I know that I always am.  A couple of weeks ago during the Group Coaching Intensive  here in Muskoka, coaches led the group through an exercise of their choice. I was introduced to a couple of new processes and tools that I really liked.

 Many of you have heard me speak about my love of using Visual Explorer from the Center For Creative Leadership with Groups and Teams. I continue to be amazed by the resonance groups and teams of all sizes, and industry-backgrounds, find with this tool.  Last week one of the coaches brought her Journey Card deck which she had purchased at the Coaching Toys site. I immediately fell in love with these given their smaller, more portable size. The deck also comes with a booklet with questions and other supports for coaches using this tool. Personally, I got a lot out of being part of a group coaching conversation with the tool and know that I will be adding this into my own toolkit for work with teams and groups.

Some sites that I continue to turn to for inspiration when I am engaged with new groups and teams are:
-      -    BusinessBalls.com
-       -   Wilderdom.com

One book I find I continue to turn to for inspiration is  the Retreats that Work book. This book is a treasure-trove of cool ideas which can be adapted for more of a coaching approach – great if you are doing more intensive or corporate work. This book, along with many others I suggest, are listed at the Amazon Affiliate bookstore I have set up.

Definitely check out the Coaching Toys site for other cool resources and tools. As you look to build your own toolkit of resources feel free to let us know what you are looking for, or share ideas on tools/resources you find invaluable! I know that this is a very popular area for coaches as we saw yesterday in the 4th call of this month's Group Coaching Essentials teleseminar which focuses on tools and resources for group coaching.

Have a great week!

Warm regards
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC, BCC, CHRP
Group Coaching Essentials (6.75 CCEs) - Next teleseminar group starts Thursday 10:30 - 11:45 am ET on August 9 (runs to Sept 6)
Mentor Coaching Group for ACC Renewal and ACC/PCC Portfolio - next group starts Fridays 12 - 1 pm ET : August 10 (7 hrs group mentor coaching, 3 hrs individual mentor coaching)
Phone: (416)996-TEAM (8326)

No comments: