Friday, February 01, 2008

Creating Positive, Intentional Business Partnerships

I often think of February as the month of relationships, in part due to the presence of Valentines Day. As an Organization and Relationship systems coach (ORSC), I love the dynamics that are created through relationships. Relationships is going to be a theme for my monthly blog posts here, and also at my sister sites The Biz Toolkit and Your Balanced Life!

I have been spending quite a bit of time speaking this week about the importance of relationships as it relates to marketing during my Workshop and Retreat Essentials program and Group Coaching Essentials program. What attention have you paid to your business relationships lately?

This year I am continuing to run a number of collaborative programs and love the synergy and richness that my fellow partners and I have created. Each partnership has its own feel and energy which infuses the programs differently.

I was reminded this week about the importance of being really clear and intentional when creating partnerships, as we discussed some worst case scenarios, as well as some real life best practices for business partnerships during this week's teleseminars.

Here are some questions you may want to consider when developing your next co-facilitation, joint venture or business partnership:

* What are your goals for a partnership? What do you hope to accomplish?
* What unique skills, abilities or characteristics do you bring to the partnership?
* What are you looking for in a partner – to enhance your weaker areas, to expand you into new markets?
* What particular skills are you looking for in a partner?
* What particular characteristics are you looking for in a partner?
* What are your expectations from the partnership?
* How will you measure success?

Looking for a facilitated process for your new partnership? As an ORSC coach a large part of my work focuses on creating the space for new partnerships to start of “on the right foot” and from the strongest foundation possible. If you are an existing partnership, there is no time like the present to take the pulse of your relationship and spend some time nurturing it. Drop me an email if you and your partner are looking to design your partnership in a positive, and intentional way. I'll be offering 3 complimentary partnership design sessions this month -- one hour by phone for you and your partner.

Also, in the spirit of relationships, I will be offering a 50% discount on my relationship coaching rates for business partners (co-facilitators, those in or considering joint ventures, strategic alliances) for the month of February. This offer open from now until the end of February 2008. Email me to take advantage of it.

Have a great weekend,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CPCC, CHRP
Potentials Realized
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960
Email: jennifer{at}potentialsrealized.com

No comments: