Friday, December 14, 2007

My Top 10 Resource Books for 2007 - Group Programs

I often get asked “What are some of the books you recommend on group programs”. Here are my top 10 favorites for 2007 (many of which were published years ago and I still keep on recommending).

Program Design/Exercises:
The Trainers Handbook – Karen Lawson
Retreats that Work – 2nd Edition –Liteman, Campbell, Liteman
90 World Class Training Activities by 90 World Class Trainers – Elaine Beich
QuickSilver – Rohnke/Butler (Project Adventure - - still a classic after all these decades – one from my roots in the experiential education field in the 1980s)

Facilitation Skills:
Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision Making - Kaner et al.
Mastering Virtual Teams – Duarte/Snyder
Facilitating with Ease – Fran Rees

Building Your Business:
Get Clients Now! – CJ Hayden

Coaching:
Co-Active Coaching, 2nd Edition – Whitworth, Kimsey-House, Kimsey-House, Sandahl
Appreciative Coaching – Orem, Binkert, Clancy

Most of these books are available for purchase at the bookstore I host with Amazon – along with many more. Click on over to the bookstore here.

In a future post, I will follow with my top 10 list of books I’ve been recommending to clients this year. What books have been on your top 10 reading list? Feel free to comment below.

Warm regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer Britton, PCC, CHRP, CPCC
Potentials Realized and Group Coaching Essentials
Email: jennifer{at}potentialsrealized.com
Toll Free: 1-866-217-1960

2 comments:

jessica lipnack said...

Jennifer,

Might I humbly suggest you take a look at Virtual Teams, the classic on this topic, which contains a whale of a lot of material on launching and coaching virtual teams? That I'm the author, with Jeff Stamps, shouldn't prejudice your decision :). You might also want to keep an eye on Endless Knots, my blog, where I post lots of material like this.

Meanwhile, thanks for the list.

--jessica lipnack

Jennifer Britton said...

Thanks Jessica for the fantastic suggestion. I'll definitely be checking it out myself (I love the whale of a lot of information description!).

I'd also invite you to post it over at my Biz Toolkit Blog at http://biztoolkit.blogspot.com. I just posted a top 2007 booklist over there for general/managerial clients last week.

Cheers,
Jenn Britton