Monday, January 29, 2007

Coaching Trends -- What do you think?

There have been a couple of interesting articles on trends in the coaching profession that have come out in the past few weeks which I thought you would be interested in.

First, from Andrea J. Lee, a blog post on 7 Coaching Predictions and What to Do With Them. Andrea's post is uplifting and foreshadows continued growth in the coaching profession in some interesting angles.

The second report was mentioned in the January 3rd Newsletter from Coachville, linked to a report put out by Peer Resources. Peer Resources hosted a teleconference which made some "dismal" predictions for Coaching. You can link to the article here.

Two opposing views - one predicting the decline of our profession, the other seeing continued growth in the industy ....where do you stand on the continuum?

I certainly fall in the realm of Andrea's approach. From what I am seeing with my own business this year, clients are continuing to seek out new, innovative coach solutions. My own work with the ORSC (Organization and Relationship Systems Coaching) methodology is continuing to grow with my clients, giving corporate clients another approach to the team coaching which I have been offering for the past three years.

I am also seeing continued growth for other coaches in the area of group and team coaching. I met last week with a number of participants from November's Group Coaching Essentials program who are moving forward powerfully with their own group coaching programs and have some really exciting initiatives on the horizon!

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the issue -- where do you stand? What are your predictions for 2007 for our profession?

With best wishes,
Jennifer


Jennifer Britton, CPCC, CHRP
Potentials Realized - Group Coaching Essentials
Email: jennifer [at]potentialsrealized[dot]com

No comments: